THE BIG DAY – STARTING AT 8 AM AT FRANKLIN SQUARE
Assembly location: Franklin Square
Start time: 8 AM
- At Franklin Square, youth leaders will speak truth to power for the kind of leadership we’re demanding.
- We’ll march up 15th and take the streets, blocking access for candidates who don’t align with our vision of justice and protecting our vision for the future. We’ll hold the space for the day and end with a powerful commitment forward.
- Folks traveling on buses will be ready to be picked up at St. Stevens at 4 PM.
Please come prepared to be out for the full day, and make sure to attend a training on the 8th (more info below).
TRAINING ON THE 8TH
We’re putting together a training before the big day so that our teams can come together to prepare, share stories, scheme, and learn how to take the energy home. Please attend the action training on Sunday at 1:30 PM, which is required if you plan to participate in peaceful civil disobedience.
What: Training to get prepared for the big day, share stories, dig into the importance of this action, and learn how to take the energy home.
When: Sunday, November 8th, 9 AM – 8:30 PM
9 AM – 12:15 PM: Organizing workshops (each workshop will repeat twice)
– Towards an Economy that Works for People and Planet
– Racism in Immigration
– Bring the Momentum Home to Strengthen Your Campaign
– Leverage your Power in the 2016 Race and Change the Story: Birddogging 101
– #Friendship: Finding Collective Stake Through Resonance
– Facilitating Empowering, Inclusive, and Safe Spaces
1:30 – 5:30 PM: Action Training — This is critical for all participants to attend.
7:00 – 8:30 PM: Cross-Movement Organizing Panel with United We Dream, 350.org, Divestment Student Network, and Million Hoodies
Where: Hyatt Regency Crystal City, 2799 Jefferson Davis Hwy, Arlington, VA (Map). This is just a short walk from the Crystal City metro station (Blue&Yellow lines).
Let’s get together for some pre-action training and do fun things like this:
For questions about the trainings, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.